Wow was I happy to say goodbye to 2013 on New Year’s Eve! 2013 was a really tough year for me, which makes me extra excited to say HELLO 2014!
I’ve just spent this weekend sorting out my studio, and now I feel ready to tackle the new year and make 2014 the best year ever! But before I move on to all of the exciting things that I have planned for 2014, I’d like to spend a few moments reviewing the best parts of 2013.
* I focused quite a bit on my marketing and building my social media following last year, so here is how it went:
- Facebook followers on my Facebook page increased from 71 in January 2013 to 470 in January 2014
- Pinterest followers increased from 42 in January 2013 to 157 in January 2014
- My newsletter subscribers increased from 57 in January 2013 to 147 in January 2014
* I introduced vinyl wall stickers to my product range and did custom wall sticker designs for several lovely clients.
* I really enjoyed working on a collaboration with Karen from Peaches Handmade on some fabric bags for which I did the illustrations that were printed on fabric.
* I exhibited at the Festive Ideas market that ran over a 5 day period – this was a really valuable exercise for me, especially in terms of building my stock levels and meeting new clients.
* I started selling in a number of different online and physical shops, including Etsy, Hello Pretty and Ideasmarket, and have started to have regular online sales. I even had my first international sales, which were AWESOME!
When I started with my planning for 2014 in November last year, I realised that I needed greater focus and cohesion in my product offering. I also knew that I enjoyed creating my vinyl sticker ranges the most of all of the illustrations I did in 2013, and so I plan to focus more on children’s decor products in 2014. (And I dream of introducing a decor fabric range to complement the wall stickers in my shop very soon!)
Thank you so much to each and every person that I can call a Fairy Caravan Friend for you wonderful support! You have made all of these successes possible and I hope to bring you lots of magical illustrations and products to get excited about in 2014!
What would you like to see more of in the Fairy Caravan shop in 2014? Please share your thoughts with me in the comments below!