I’ve met so many new Fairy Caravan friends recently! I thought it might be fun to share 5 things about me with you!
5 things about me
- I am a huge animal lover. I’ve always had cats and dogs as pets. Recently I’ve also learnt how lovable and clever birds can be. About a year ago I rescued a baby dove and when he grew up he decided to stay with me instead of flying off to be wild. He is free to fly around my house and follows me around everywhere during the day.
- I studied languages and philosophy at university. Back then, I wouldn’t have dreamed that I could be writing and illustrating children’s books one day. My studies did teach me discipline and showed me that I can figure anything out for myself if I worked at it hard enough.
- I have loved reading pretty much from the moment that I learned how to sound out my first words. As a child I was a voracious reader. At one point, when I was about 8 or 9 years old, I felt that I had read almost all of the children’s books in my own house and at my grandparents’ house. I then started worrying that I might run out of stories to read. These days I take great pleasure in contributing stories to the world to prevent this from happening!
- Beatrix Potter is my biggest hero and her work my biggest inspiration. The Tale of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle was one of the first books I ever loaned from the library and it is still one of my favourites today. Her book, The Fairy Caravan, is the inspiration behind my business name.
- I strive to add to the magic of childhood through my work. I want to create stories and toys that will help to nurture and support young imaginations, so that they can grow up to be creative and innovative adults.
That’s all for now! Was there anything that you found surprising? Do let me know in the comments below!